Seatfrog Referral Programme Rules
Last update: 19 Feb 2020
Thank you for helping to grow our community. From time to time, Seatfrog Ops Limited, its subsidiaries and affiliates (“Seatfrog”) may invite you to participate in one of their referral programmes to encourage people to use the Seatfrog application and/or website. Participating in a referral programme (either by referring your friends or family or signing up with a referral code) can be a great way for passengers, (collectively “Seatfrog users”) to receive Seatfrog credits, other discounts (each a “Referral Credit”).
Seatfrog Referral Programme rules (the “Rules”) apply to referral programmes that are administered solely by Seatfrog. By accepting and sharing your referral code or by signing up with a referral code, you are agreeing to be bound by these Rules. Any violation of these Rules will not only prevent you from participating in any Seatfrog referral programme (now or in the future), but could also result in the forfeiture or retraction of Seatfrog credits, money, or other rewards earned through the programme and even the deactivation of your account.
In addition, there may be other terms that apply to your Referral Credit based on the train operator you are travelling with, including what actions you may need to take as well as the type and amount of the Referral Credit. See the additional terms that came with your invitation or those provided in our app or website when you made your referral.
Please note that these Rules are in addition to the Terms of Service as updated from time to time governing your use of Seatfrog’s app as well as any agreement (if one exists) between you and Seatfrog or any of its subsidiaries and affiliates related to your interactions with Seatfrog.
1. Who is eligible to be a referrer/inviter?
Anyone may be a referrer/inviter who (a) is a legal resident of his/her country, (b) is of legal age where they live, and (c) has a Seatfrog account in good standing.
2. Who is eligible to be a referee/invitee?
Your friends, family, and other people you know (but not yourself) may be eligible to be referees/invitees. To determine eligibility, keep in mind the following stipulations:
Eligible referees/invitees for those who purchase services through the Seatfrog application and/or website:
To receive a Referral Credit for referring someone who purchases services through the Seatfrog application and/or website, your referee/invitee must (a) be a new Seatfrog user, (b) meet the conditions Seatfrog has for using the app, and (c) complete the actions required by the specific referral program.
If you are providing Seatfrog with the contact information for your referees/invitees, you represent that you have the right to provide that information.
3. How can I use my referral code?
Seatfrog has the right to limit the number of times you may use or share your referral code based on the referral programme in which you participate. To see if your code has a limit, refer to the terms of the specific referral programme in which you are participating.
Seatfrog wants you to share your referral code and earn Referral Credits, but referral codes must be used only for personal and non-commercial purposes. This means that you can share your referral code only with people you know. You agree that you will not:
- Duplicate, sell, or transfer your referral code in any manner or make it available to the general public (such as by printing it on business cards; posting it on a coupon website, job website or using it as part of a job application, including but not limited to the following website and applications Amazon, EBay, Fiverr, Craigslist, RetailMeNot, Reddit, Wikipedia, Gumtree, Moneysavingexpert, Groupon or using paid social media or paid search);
- Try to get referees/invitees by spamming, bulk emailing, or sending large numbers of unsolicited emails. The only people you should be emailing are people you know personally;
- Use, display, or manipulate Seatfrog intellectual property (such as Seatfrog’s logos, trademarks, and copyright-protected works) in any way, except as to identify yourself as a Seatfrog user, Seatfrog referrer/inviter, or referrer/inviter for Seatfrog;
- Create or register any (i) businesses, (ii) URLs, (iii) domain names, (iv) software application names or titles, or (v) social media handles or profiles that include the word “Seatfrog” or any of Seatfrog’s other trademarks or any words that are confusingly similar to Seatfrog’s trademarks.
- Use Seatfrog’s trademarks as your social media profile picture or wallpaper or use any of Seatfrog’s copyright-protected works (such as graphics, photos, images, drawings, and screenshots from Seatfrog’s website or app) without Seatfrog’s express written permission;
- Purchase keywords (including, but not limited to Google AdWords) that contain any of Seatfrog’s trademarks;
- Use automated systems or bots through any channel to distribute, post, or otherwise share your referral code;
- Use scripts or programmed or automatic dialers to send invites or otherwise share your referral code;
- Make misleading claims about Seatfrog, use offensive/abusive content, create fake websites/webpages/social media profiles/apps, misrepresent your connection to Seatfrog, or otherwise make any false or misleading statements to get a referee/invitee to use your code; or
- Use your referral code in any manner that violates the law or the rights of anyone else.
Remember, when you share your referral code, you should explain that you are a Seatfrog referrer.
4. How do I earn my Referral Credit as a referrer/inviter?
Referral Credits are discretionary and the amount of a Referral Credit and the requirements to get it can vary.
Seatfrog reserves the right to set a limit on the number of times you may use your referral code. The requirements for receiving, and the amounts of, Referral Credits are subject to change at Seatfrog’s sole discretion. Referral Credits in the form of Seatfrog credits are not transferable, have no cash value, and may expire.
5. Termination and changes
Seatfrog reserves the right to change, end, or pause, in whole or in part, any referral program, as well as any referrer/inviter’s or referee/invitee’s ability to participate in any referral program or receive Referral Credits at any time for any reason, including suspected fraud (including by either the referrer and/or referee/invitee), abuse, or any violation of these Rules as well as any agreement (if one exists) between you and Seatfrog or any of its subsidiaries and affiliates. If Seatfrog ends any referral programme, any unused or unredeemed Referral Credits may be forfeited at that time, provided we give you 14 days of notice to use or redeem your Referral Credits.
Seatfrog may update these Rules at any time. If Seatfrog makes an update, Seatfrog will post the update on the seatfrog.com website and applications and provide you notice of the update. Continued participation in any referral programme after any update will mean that you have agreed to the update.